April 26, 2012

Next books...

I'm happy to share that I'm finally getting around to finishing my educational books over the next four months. They will be titled, How to DESIGN, How to DRAW, and How to RENDER. Thomas Bertling who I have co-taught with over the years will be assisting me with the drawing and rendering books. We already have a substantial amount of content collected from my 17+ years of teaching these subjects. In an effort to make these the most helpful books on the subjects we thought it would be a good idea to set up a forum where you can get a little preview of the books as we progress and you can post requests for topics and techniques you would like to see in the books.

So don't be shy this is your chance to influence the books for your own benefit. The forum is free and open to all. Head on over and register to start sharing your ideas with us.

drawthrough forum

Thanks,
Scott and Thomas





14 comments:

Miguel Lopez said...

This is just awesome. I definitely think this forum will be among the most popular for concept artists out there---not to mention car designers, traditional painters, architects, etc.

DARAF said...

Great Scott (no pun intended). I will be owning the set as soon as they are available.

Carlos Brito said...

Awesome! Your passion for teaching is honorable. Looking forward to read them!

scoro said...

Thanks All,

I'm eager to get these books done. Finally!

S.

stefan marjoram said...

Terrific! Can't wait to see them.

John said...

Hurry hurry hurry, joke, take your time Scott, I been looking forwards to these books for a while now. I think you'll find a lot of uni's will be getting their hands on these books as well, while I was on Coventry uni's transport design course they had a nice collection of your books and dvd's in the library which were quite popular.

Dekus said...

Awesome! How to design is the one that interests me.

Matteo a.k.a. madmatt said...

Woah, that's what I'm waiting for a long time, let me know when they comes out!!! I'm in Italy now, can I buy them in the Amazon website?

Bye

guillermo said...

Thank you for this chance. I would like to know the tools andprocess to aplly, letters, decals and sidns in a 2D image.

kevline said...

Just wow, I hope this book will help people want to do a career in cg (mine is gone, i switch for wildlife photo) but I'll buy them :)

PP said...

Looking forward to all three books. No doubt this be one of the most anticipated books of this century, for me atleast :D

Stephen Grey said...

Fuck yeah

You are truly the undisputed master at certain things.

tkmberry said...

Hi Scott, about to pre order how to render, any idea when you expect the books to be shipped?

scoro said...

Thanks All.

These three books are going very slowly, but on the up side they are going. I'm about to head into a focused few months of production to get them dome just after the new year. Along the way I will release some content ahead of the books on our new iPad app which is nearing completion. Thanks for your patience while I try hard to make these books worth the wait.

Scott.